These vendors have been used and recommended by WLPCA neighbors. If you wish to recommend a vendor who has done excellent work for you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Air Conditioning / Heating
- June Air, 281-830-3274; 10607 Lake Riata Lane, Cypress, Texas 77433 (installation of new equipment and maintenance/repair) Recommended by Sharon Katz, who wrote, “I have used them for 14 years. Honest, fair, dependable. I leave him unattended in my home. He works throughout the Houston area.”
- Quality Air, 713-690-9021. Recommended by June Shaw, who wrote, “I have worked with this family owned company for years. They are dependable, high quality, knowledgeable and easy to work. They have serviced my homes for years, one with older units and one with newer units, when the older unit needs repair they have been able to find replacements parts to keep the older units working. The inspections are very complete.”
- Debbie Villeneuve Interior Designs, Phone: 713 577-1195. Robert and Stevelyn Buenger state: “We have worked with other designers in the past, but no one comes up to Debbie’s creative prowess and energy. Plus, she works within or below budget, and meets every deadline. It’s fun to work with her on-site, to watch her shift gears as needed, and problem-solve. She does elevations, draws ideas on the wall or paper, and knows just where to go to get a certain color, fabric or piece of furniture.”
- Spectrum Painting Inc. Steve Cleary, Owner. 713-664-1955. Referred by Betty Moore “Reasonably priced, excellent crew, professional workmanship.”
- Beacon Onsite Computer Services, Doug Matthews, President, 713-523-7500. Referred by Mary Ann Carroll.
- Comp-Tech Computer Consultants, Inc, brothers Victor and Conrad Castillo, 3601 W. Alabama #106, Houston 77027, 713-850-9310. Recommended by Theron and Olga McLaren: “They come to the home or work in their shop. We have used them for some years, and recommended them to many. We have never heard anything but praise.”
- Dulock Consulting, Bryan Dulock, Apple Certified Consultant, 832-444-7784, email@example.com, www.dulockconsulting.com. “Provides onsite & remote support for Macintosh systems (workstations, servers, and networking). To put it simply, Bryan is fantastic. He has been handling all my office at home Mac needs, challenges and issues for years. He is very responsive and is quick to get the job done. And equally important, he is a very nice person.” (Ann C Iverson)
Construction & Remodeling
- Richard Arnold, 713-253-0756 (carpentry work, medium-size jobs). Recommended by Cameron Vann, who wrote that he does “great carpentry work…very dependable, a really nice guy.”
- Harding’s Handyman Service, 713-464-8624; 832-875-4614; 12815 Traviata Drive; Houston, 77024; (remodeling, home repair). Recommended by Barbara & Mike Staley, who tell us that the work is “fast and efficient,” the “follow through” is “great,” and the “charges are VERY reasonable.”
- Steve Hood 713 272-9255. Recommended by Ann and Clif Iverson: “He remodeled the back end of our house after the 2004 fire and did a super job. He is first class.”
- Roger Steiger, 281-782-9047. Carpentry, decking, interior painting, and all around handyman. “Roger has been ‘our man’ for several years. He does excellent work, prices reasonably, and we trust him completely.”(Ann & Clif Iverson)
- Wrought Iron Fence Painting (www.WIFPCO.com) – 281 994-7896 has had a large presence in the neighborhood. They do excellent work and are reasonably priced. Ask for Darla.
Plumbing & Irrigation Systems
- Robert Graves of Hausler Plumbing 281-463-2735 has been in business for well over 30 years. He is prompt, thorough and reasonable according to a customer of 30 years.
- Sharon Katz recommends Dee’s Plumbing 281-499-1628. “Used numerous times with excellent results. Neat, clean, professional, reasonable.”
- Theron and Olga McLaren report that they needed a sprinkler system repaired in July of 2013. They found Irrigation Design Services who did good work for a reasonable price. This company reports 30 years experience in commercial and residential sprinkler systems and drains. Contact Michael Carrizales at 713-705-3095 or 713-460-8185 or e-mail them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Decks, Garden Architecture
- Woodsavers of Texas, Marty Thompson, 281-351-2545 (cleans, seals, and stains decks, fences, and arbors). Recommended by Mary Carroll who adds, “Excellent workmanship, … Quality work … Dependable.”
Roger Steiger, 281 782 9047. Carpentry, decking, interior painting, and all around handyman. “Roger has been ‘our man’ for several years. He does excellent work, prices reasonably, and we trust him completely.”(Ann & Clif Iverson)
- Better Lawns & More, 713-582-7836; 15902 Acapulco, Houston 77040; (landscaping and landscape maintenance). Recommended by Don Langston, who wrote, “Small company offering excellent service and pricing.”
- Roy Wilson, 713-781-9535; Gardener, Recommended by Arthur Curtis, who wrote, “Roy is on time and cheerful. In addition to doing the grass and cleaning up clippings and leaves he will sod, fertilize, and has a good eye for clipping and shaping shrubs.”
- Walter Rivera, cell 713-252-1095; Gardener recommended by Olga and Theron McLaren, who wrote: “Our beloved gardener of ten years (has worked for Thompson & Hanson longer) left their employment in good stead to try to make it on his own. He is HONEST, legal, hard working, a good family man, he doesn’t drink etc. If you would like someone for a few hours a week or so to do gardening (he has worked on every detail for T & H) or handy man things, Please let us know. We will come with him for an interview if you would like.”
- Macias Lawn & Landscaping 713-436-9368, cell 281 450-2496. Recommended by Jane Van Santen:“Felix has been doing our yards (here and at our previous house) for 15 years. He is great, very honest and very reasonable. Also, he can do anything around the house: fix almost everything, build small items, change filters in high ceilings, etc.”
- Anne Lee 281-558-2878 cell 832-250-3387 is Landscape Designer extraordinaire. She very knowledgeable of plants and very creative according to Jane Van Santen.
- McGrath Pest Control, 281-469-8240; 11202 Tower Oaks Blvd. (pest control service) Recommended by Betty Moore, who tells us that McGrath has “provided termite and pest service for our townhouses for a number of years,” and, “service has been efficient, prompt, and a fair price.”
- Loving-Care Pet Sitting, Lynn Virshup, 713-465-1610; www.loving-carepetsitting.com. Recommended by Carol and Bill Haskins. Carol added that Lynn is “completely dependable, trustworthy, and wonderful with our dogs.”
- The Davey Tree Expert Company, Jed Day, District Manager; 713-973-8733; 1653 Oak Tree Dr.; Houston, TX 77080; www.davey.com. Recommended by Gilda Bayegan, who adds that Davey Tree is “a huge company famous for saving the presidents’ trees in the Washington mall, but Jed Day is on a first-name basis with almost every tree in our neighborhood. Not the cheapest tree service in town, but worth the money.” Update: Jed Day has been promoted to a position of greater management responsibility, and no longer oversees individual tree servicing.
- Lakewood Trees, Gary Penney, Professional insured arborist 832 888-6060 and www.lakewoodtrees.com. Recommended by Margaret Ann Bromberger. “Gary has been trimming trees in our neighborhood and, for a consummate professional, is very reasonable.”
- West Side Window Cleaning, Mark Van Auken; 281-222-9253. Recommended by Gilda Bayegan:“Reasonable prices, fast, good work, nice guy.”
- Toyotec Mecanical & Collison Ctr., LLC
3414 Sage Road , Houston, TX 77056 Phone 713-621-1212, Fax 713-552-0794 “free estimates, towing and rentals”. Recommended by Virginia Nash
- Dawson TV, 713 774 3311 recommended by Mike Weingart, who wrote: “We had a color problem with our two year old Sony 50 inch television. I called and made arrangements with owner Rick Dawson, who has done other work for us, to pick up the tv. Rick called me back to say he had heard something about “optimal bleak” problems and he thought Sony had extended the warranty. He even gave me the telephone number to call.”
We thank our neighbors who shared these recommendations. The next time you need a handyman, tree trimming, landscape, cabinet work, deck maintenance, or your computer gets stuck, maybe one of these people can help you. But, please read our legal disclaimer before you engage the services of any of these recommendations.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: These recommendations include no guarantee that the professional or service recommended above will perform to any particular standard of quality. The person(s) who made the recommendation(s), and the West Lane Place Civic Association disclaims all responsibility and/or liability for the work, advice, and/or treatment provided by the professional(s), merchant(s), or service provider(s) recommended above. These recommendations are offered in the spirit of community and the desire to share with neighbors helpful information and experience. All persons who make use of these recommendations, as well as their associates, heirs, and assigns, agree to release West Lane Place Civic Association and the person(s) who made the recommendations, above, their associates, heirs, and assigns from any and all liability that that could possibly arise, known or unknown, as a result of engaging the services of the parties recommended above.
Become a Member!
WLPCA is a member-funded organization, and as such relies on members like you to continue to provide valuable information to our members and act on behalf of West Lane Place residents in dealings with city ordinance, maintenance and any other matters deemed to be in the best interest of our community.
Please help us to continue these efforts by becoming a member or renewing your existing membership. Annual membership dues are just $25 or $15 for members 65 or older, payable in January. Please download and complete the WLPCA Membership Form and send it to the membership chairman with your check.